Live a more dignified and independent life with personal care services.
Regardless of disability conditions, people with disabilities enjoy hanging out with their friends, playing the guitar, or watching their favourite TV shows. However, most of them fail to address everyday tasks like showering, dressing, and grooming due to their disabilities, and living a dignified and meaningful life is still a dream for most of them. This is where personal care services come in and turn their dream into reality.
MaxiCare, is one of the leading NDIS service providers and is also specialised in offering personal care services that can have a significant impact on the quality of life for participants. Our personal care workers are incredibly helpful for individuals living with disabilities when it comes to assisting with day-to-day activities, achieving unique goals, and living life to the fullest. Apart from providing support for day-to-day activities, we also provide emotional support and companionship, which can reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness.
What is included in personal care?
Personal assistance is designed to address everyday tasks while also making disabled lives dignified, respectable, and as independent as possible. One of our personal care assistants can help with the following daily activities:
- Assistance with bathing and showering
- Assistance with dressing and grooming
- Assistance with toileting
- Personal care for oral hygiene and health
- Assistance with mobility and transfer
- Assistance with exercise and physical therapy
- Assistance with medication management, attending medical appointments, and other community activities.
- Assistance with wound care and other health-related tasks
- Companionship and emotional support
- Assistance with meal preparation and feeding
- Assistance with household chores and cleaning
If you have any specific requirements for personal care assistance, you are more than welcome to discuss them with our most friendly carers.
What benefits do participants obtain from personal care?
Opting for personal care services is one of the most important resources for individuals with disabilities who want to live their lives as independently as possible. Here, we are letting you know the benefits you can expect from personal assistance.
Having a dedicated personal assistant around you throughout the day, allowing you to perform daily living activities easily that you may have difficulty with on your own, results in increased independence.
Improved quality of life
By providing support with personal care tasks, participants can experience an improved quality of life and greater control over their daily routines and activities.
Personal assistance provides assisted transport to individuals with limited mobility, enabling them to reach their intended destination by offering support throughout the journey.
Enhanced health and wellbeing
Personal care services can help participants maintain good health and prevent illness or injury by ensuring that they receive appropriate care and support with tasks such as medication management and wound care.
Who benefits most from personal care services?
Personal assistance is designed to help participants with their day-to-day activities, but some types of participants most benefit from it, including:
- Individuals with high support needs for personal hygiene
- Individuals who are living alone
- Elderly individuals who want someone around them to address daily tasks
- Individuals with mental health conditions
Why should you choose us over others?
MaxiCare always stands out as one of the best options for individuals with disabilities to obtain personal care because of the following reasons:
- We prioritise a person-centred approach by understanding participants’ needs and preferences to offer more personalised support.
- As part of personal care, our community support workers work in a variety of settings, including homes, group homes, and community centres, to provide individualised support to participants.
- All our carers are highly qualified and exceptional; they have the necessary skills and expertise to provide safe, effective, and high-quality care.
If you or a loved one require assistance with daily living activities, consider MaxiCare NDIS personal care services. Look no further than us for achieving your goals and living your best possible life with personal care services. Feel free to fill out the contact form.